Thank you for being an angel. There are four of you. If you are reading this, it means we’ve been talking about which part you’ll sing, and you’re using this for instructions. You can hear my singing some the Angels parts in the mix and all of the examples below.
When you record your part (Soprano 1 or 2, Alto, or Tenor), please record all four sections for that part. Here are the words for each section.
Section 1. Arrival of the angels (ahs)
Ah... Ah... Ah... Ah...
Section 2. The support of the angels (background)
My you feel, Safe. Ha--ppy. Strong and free. Kindness for your, Safe. Ha--ppy. Strong and free. Kindness for your, Safe. Ha--ppy. Strong and free. Kindness for
Section 3. Song of the angels (full verse with transition)
May you feel safe. May you be happy. May you be strong and free from suffering. May you feel kindness. (Tempo slows down here. End with a vibrato of angst.) (Sopranos) For youse----elf (Alto and tenor) Se----elf
Section 4. Compassion of the angels (“when the beast is at your door”)
(Sopranos) When the beast is at your door. And it's taking everything you know. When it gets inside you. Ma-----ay you feel. (Alto and Tenor) Ah... Ah... When it gets inside you. Ma-----ay you feel.
Here’s how to record.
- Set yourself up to record. You’ll need a way to record your voice plus a way to play the music through headphones so you don’t record the music with your voice. Here are a few options:
- Listen to the song on a laptop using headphones connected to the laptop. Then record your voice into an iPhone. I suggest using the Voice Memo app which comes with your iPhone and makes it easy to share the files to your computer or through email.
- OR listen to the song on iPhone earbuds. And record into another phone or a mic plugged into a laptop. GarageBand and Quicktime come with a Mac and make it pretty easy to record.
- OR download the song (Right click and Save link as…), and use GarageBand or a pro system. Just please don’t record with effects like reverb.
- Once you’re set up, practice. Find your part below, Soprano 1 or 2, Alto or Tenor and hit the play on one of the sections to listen through the headphones. Practice singing it a few times. You are harmonizing with others so try to have clean entrance timing (hence the metronome) and pitch. You might hear how my singing is weird because I had to adjust some timing.
- When you’re ready, hit record on the recording system. Hit pause and practice the next section and repeat till you have all four sections recorded. That’s it!
- Save the file and send it to me using the big Upload button at the bottom. Remember to include your name in the file name. Once I have the files for all the angels. I’ll talk to you about how to do the video part.
Once you have the file saved (include your name in the file name) upload it here.
Piano and metronome
If you don’t want to hear my voice here are the piano only parts.